Music and sound effects can make a multimedia project come alive, establish emotional connections and immerse viewers in your story. However, creators must ensure they’re using audio recordings in compliance with relevant copyright laws.
To support the production of Cornell promotional videos, the university now offers the online music database of Universal Production Music free to all current faculty, staff and students. With thousands of music tracks at your disposal, you are sure to find the perfect tracks and sound effects to make your multimedia projects really stand out. Universal Production Music database has a comprehensive search function, and technical support is available via Live Chat.
The resources available in the Universal Production Music database are for use in Cornell promotional productions only and are not for personal use. Examples of acceptable uses include, but are not limited to:
- Videos that showcase student group activities.
- Podcasts or other audio productions that promote the university.
- Videos that promote Cornell or one of its colleges, schools, departments or other units.
- Videos for class assignments.
Examples of unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to:
- Videos intended for personal use or that are otherwise unrelated to Cornell.
- Podcasts or other audio productions for a personal project
Before producing any multimedia assets for distribution, please review the Copyright & Licensing information to ensure your work complies with relevant laws. For questions about acceptable uses or other issues related to the music database that cannot be addressed through Universal Production Music customer support services, contact email@example.com.