The Cornell logo banners are a simple way to connect our many sites and give users a sense of where they are.
- These banners must appear at the top of all official Cornell sites and pages (schools and colleges, departments, programs, courses, projects, events, clubs and organizations, administrative divisions, and other units).
- No content of any kind may appear above the banners, and banners should be used intact to span the top of web pages.
- Below the banner, you may design you page as best suits your unit.
- Exception: Web pages for programs operated jointly with non-Cornell partners where use of the Cornell web page banner is not appropriate may include the Cornell logo without the banner on the page, as long as the guidelines for its use are followed. Questions about implementation in such cases can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Signature Lockup in Logo Banners
Use of a signature lockup (Cornell logo with unit name) in the logo banner is restricted to signature lockups that identify only the name of an undergraduate college or graduate/professional school.
- Academic departments must use the appropriate school/college signature lockup in the logo banner of their web pages.
- Administrative units must use the Cornell logo alone in the logo banner of their web pages.
- All units are encouraged to use creative means to include their names on their web pages beneath the logo banner.