This lockup configuration is used exclusively to represent colleges and schools, creating a consistent presentation of Cornell's main offering.
Departments and units within a college or school can be incorporated into their school's lockup as long as it is part of the academic mission. For centers and institutes, please contact us for a consultation.
When utilizing a lockup for your college or school, ensure that the lockup adheres to the following guidelines.
Lockups are responsive in nature and can be adapted to fit varying media.
- Hairline and seal logo are equal height.
- Only black, red, or white are used for the Cornell seal.
- This lockup is not used for anything other than a college or school.
- Uses correct spacing: The space between the first letter and seal logo is 1/2 width of the seal.
- The seal is at least 73px square.
If the seal is less than 73px tall, the design switches to the 45px logo lockup.
Responsive Examples: Colleges and Schools
The responsive logo follows rules according to proximity and placement, but does not require any single specific, fixed expression.
For optimal legibility and impact, the responsive logo "responds" to the form factor limitations of its container (any container).
Responsive Examples: Departments and Units
Departments and units within a college or school can be incorporated into their school's lockup as long as it is part of the academic mission.